Bream Bay Kindergarten Video

Thursday, June 1, 2017

A music note



This week it was all about music...




"When young children are consistently engaged by music in an age-appropriate, socially accepting environment, they benefit at many levels including social-emotional, physical, creative,quantitative and early literacy.  And of course, they develop a lifelong love of music."

(Created by Grow and Sing studios).

Music makes children feel good.  It makes them want to dance, it is a way of communicating and a way to express yourself.

Last week I brought out some ukulele's and pretended that I knew how to play.  Our children were none the wiser (as I was that good..) and they too played liked they knew exactly what to do.(They too were just as good)  Some children were naturals and held the ukulele like they had done this before and some were so keen to try but stuggled to figure out how it hold it.  Either way this was fun and it prompted lots of dancing and singing and playing of other instruments.


 "What do you like about music?"

"I love singing it, like Castle on the Hill, and I sing it all the way, um do you like pink?"(Lachlen)


Oh yes Moana and I like a drum (Asher),



"Twinkle,twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are"..(Jacob),








"I like Moana"(Kendell-Lee)

"I went to see the Violin, I like that" (Georgia)

"If you want, I tell you and I do it to you"
(I did not recognise this song by Caden).

"My favorite part of instruments is the violin" (Braxton)

"Because I like singing, makes me happy" (Jessica)

"I need to dance" (Aoife)


"YES, dancing" (Sophia)

"I like ABCDEFG,,,is my favurite, I make it" (Mathilda)

 "Music is a piece of art that goes in the ears straight to the heart"



Music is good because.........

- Helps language acquisition by repetition of words
- Provides opportunties for children to discover different ways to communicate
- Develops memory skills through opportunities for recall and repetition of singing favourite songs regularly
- Develops hand eye coordination by getting a good sense of beat from music
- Cultivates an awareness of different emotions and feelings
- Builds confidence and develops self esteem

- Music is fun and makes you feel good!


"I like to dance and I like to sing and dance outside with music" (Alanni)






"I like music" (Savannah)


"Belle like music too"





Music, singing and dancing will continue to be an important part of our curcurlim at kindergarten. Hope you enjoyed the photos.  Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment